At Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery we respect your right to privacy on the Internet on our domain sprucewoodshores.com. We voluntarily adhere to the Canadian Standards Association "Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information", which also ensures that we comply with the Canadian federal government's privacy legislation, the "Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery and its related companies and subsidiaries may collect personal information on visitors to this site.
- Most of the activities you will do on this site will not result in personal information being collected by us. If you subscribe to any services offered on the site, or use our on-line store, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities, but if you elect to engage in these activities, Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery may ask that you provide personal information such as your first and last name, mailing address (including postal or ZIP code), e-mail address, employer, telephone and fax numbers, and other personal information. Some of this information is required to participate in those activities, and some is not. Should you choose not to provide the requested information, you will not be able to engage in the activity or receive newsletters or rewards.
- The information we collect may be used to: (i) improve the content of our website; (ii) personalize the content and/or the layout of our website for each individual consumer; (iii) notify consumers about updates to our website; and (iv) contact consumers for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please let us know by calling us at 1.800.938.9253 or contacting our IT department and telling us that you do not want to receive e-mail from our company. Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about you to any third party without first receiving your permission. Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery does not rent, trade or sell your personal information to others. Information collected is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
- When you register with Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery or place orders, we offer you a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All user information we collect is protected against unauthorized access. We endeavour to ensure that our system is protected by the latest Internet security protocols. All WebStore pages with transactional or customer information are automatically transmitted over HTTPS.
- Our wine shop software has achieved Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1 Service Provider Certification - the highest standard of excellence for payment data security successfully meeting the requirements of PCI Data Security Standard Version 2.
- In order to analyze site traffic and to provide personalized services, we may use a feature of your browser called Cookies. Our Cookies pose no security risk to you as no personal information is stored within the Cookies.
- This site is built on an Agiliron backend. In order to properly function, Agiliron sets cookies for the sake of recalling session information which includes 'shopping cart' and payment processing functionality. No personal payment information such as credit card numbers are stored in cookies.
- All other cookies that are set by this site exist for user experience enhancement and will not store personally identifiable information.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website and office administrators can also see and edit that information.
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.