At Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery we respect your right to privacy on the Internet on our site www.sprucewoodshores.com. We voluntarily adhere to the Canadian Standards Association "Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information", which also ensures that we comply with the Canadian federal government's privacy legislation, the "Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery and its related companies and subsidiaries may collect personal information on visitors to this site.
- Most of the activities you will do on this site will not result in personal information being collected by us. If you subscribe to any services offered on the Site, or use our on-line store, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities, but if you elect to engage in these activities, Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery may ask that you provide us with personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including postal or ZIP code), e-mail address, employer, telephone and fax numbers, and other personal information. Some of this information is required to participate in those activities, and some is not. Should you choose not to provide the requested information, you will not be able to engage in the activity or receive newsletters or rewards.
- The information we collect may be used to: (i) improve the content of our website; (ii) personalize the content and/or the layout of our website for each individual consumer; (iii) notify consumers about updates to our website; and (iv) contact consumers for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please let us know by calling us at 1.800.938.9253 or contacting our IT department and telling us that you do not want to receive e-mail from our company. If you supply us with your postal address online, you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address. Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about you to any third party without first receiving your permission. Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery does not rent, trade or sell your personal information to others. Information collected is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. Sprucewood Shores Estate winery does not purchase, trade, or rent any data from third parties.
- When you register with Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery or place orders, we offer you a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All user information we collect is protected against unauthorized access. We endeavour to ensure that our system is protected by the latest Internet security protocols. All WebStore pages with transactional or customer information are automatically transmitted over HTTPS using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 256-bit encryption.
- Our wine shop software has achieved Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1 Service Provider Certification - the highest standard of excellence for payment data security successfully meeting the requirements of PCI Data Security Standard Version 2.
- In order to analyze site traffic and to provide personalized services, we may use a feature of your browser called Cookies. Our Cookies pose no security risk to you at all. No personal information is stored within the Cookies.
- This site uses Google analytics and you can find out more about at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.